You are watching: What is 8 repeating as a fraction
This calculator converts a decimal number to a fraction or a decimal number come a blended number. Because that repeating decimals go into how plenty of decimal locations in your decimal number repeat.
Entering Repeating Decimals
How to convert a negative Decimal come a Fractioneliminate the an unfavorable sign native the decimal number perform the conversion on the confident value use the negative sign come the fraction answer
If a = b then it is true that -a = -b.
How to transform a Decimal to a Fractionaction 1: do a fraction with the decimal number together the molecule (top number) and a 1 together the denominator (bottom number). Step 2: eliminate the decimal places by multiplication. First, count how plenty of places are to the appropriate of the decimal. Next, provided that you have x decimal places, multiply numerator and denominator by 10x. step 3: mitigate the fraction. Discover the Greatest common Factor (GCF) the the numerator and denominator and also divide both numerator and denominator through the GCF. Step 4: simplify the remaining portion to a combined number portion if possible.
Example: convert 2.625 to a fraction
1. Rewrite the decimal number number together a fraction (over 1)
\( 2.625 = \dfrac2.6251 \)
2. Multiply numerator and also denominator by by 103 = 1000 to get rid of 3 decimal places
\( \dfrac2.6251\times \dfrac10001000= \dfrac26251000 \)
3. Find the Greatest typical Factor (GCF) that 2625 and also 1000 and reduce the fraction, separating both numerator and denominator by GCF = 125
Decimal to fraction For another example, transform 0.625 come a fraction. Multiply 0.625/1 by 1000/1000 to get 625/1000. Reducing we get 5/8.
Convert a Repeating Decimal come a Fractioncreate an equation such the x equals the decimal number. Counting the variety of decimal places, y. Create a second equation multiply both political parties of the an initial equation through 10y. Subtract the second equation native the an initial equation. Fix for x reduce the fraction.
Example: transform repeating decimal 2.666 to a fraction
1. Develop an equation such the x equals the decimal number Equation 1:
2. Count the variety of decimal places, y. There room 3 number in the repeating decimal group, therefore y = 3. Ceate a second equation by multiplying both political parties of the very first equation by 103 = 1000 Equation 2:
5. Reduce the fraction. Discover the Greatest common Factor (GCF) of 2664 and 999 and reduce the fraction, dividing both numerator and also denominator by GCF = 333
Repeating Decimal to portion For an additional example, convert repeating decimal 0.333 come a fraction. produce the an initial equation v x equal to the repeating decimal number: x = 0.333 There room 3 repeating decimals. Create the 2nd equation by multiplying both political parties of (1) through 103 = 1000: 1000X = 333.333 (2) Subtract equation (1) native (2) to gain 999x = 333 and also solve because that x x = 333/999 reducing the portion we obtain x = 1/3 Answer: x = 0.333 = 1/3
To transform a portion to a decimal watch the fraction to Decimal Calculator.references
Wikipedia contributors. "Repeating Decimal," Wikipedia, The free Encyclopedia. Last saw 18 July, 2016.
Cite this content, page or calculator as:
Furey, Edward "Decimal to portion Calculator"; benidormclubdeportivo.org, https://www.benidormclubdeportivo.org - virtual Calculators
See more: See Where Is High School Musical 2 Filmed, High School Musical 2 Filming Locations