They are all plastic pipes, and also the names are acronyms (abbreviations created from the very first letters of various other words) because that the rather lengthy technical name of your chemical compositions—except for the last one, which is simply sort of one acronym:
ABS - Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride
CPVC - Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride
PB - Polybutylene (no much longer manufactured in the U.S.)
PEX - Cross-linked Polyethylene (X is for the cross-linking)
Also, check out our blog write-up Are plastic tube (PVC, CPVC, and also PEX) safe for drinking water?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s web links to a repertoire of our various other blog posts about PLUMBING PIPES:
•What is the median life span of ABS pipe?
• What is the difference in between PVC and ABS plumbing pipe?
• What is the average life span of cast iron pipe?
• How have the right to I call if i have cast iron pipe in mine house?
• What is the mean life span of copper pipe?
•Should I usage a dielectric union or brass nipple to connect copper tubing and also galvanized stole pipe?
•What troubles are brought about by connecting copper pipe/tubing directly to galvanized stole pipe?
• What is the median life expectancy of CPVC pipe?
• have the right to you affix CPVC pipe straight to a gas water heater?
• What is the average life expectations of galvanized stole pipe?
• Why is old galvanized stole water pipe a problem for homebuyers?
• What is a galvanized nipple?
•Should i buy a residence with galvanized steel water pipes?
• deserve to galvanized stole pipe quiet be offered for new water lines in a house?
•What is the average life expectations of Orangeburg (bituminous fiber) pipe?
• Why is Orangeburg drain pipe a problem and how execute I understand if I have actually it?
•What is the typical life expectancy of PEX pipe?
• have the right to PEX pipe be set up outside?
•Can PEX pipeline be linked to a water heater?
•Is PEX pipe frozen resistant?
• What walk polybutylene pipeline look like? Why is it a problem?
• walk a "QEST" brand note on pipe mean that the is polybutylene (PB)?
•What is the median life expectations of PVC pipe?
• Why is sunshine exposure negative for PVC pipe?
•Why is some PVC pipeline black?
• Why can't PVC be offered for water pipe inside a house?
• What is the difference between green and white sewer drain pipes?
• What kind water supply and drain (DWV) tube were frequently used because that 1950s residential plumbing?
• What kind water supply and also drain (DWV) pipe were typically used for 1960s residential plumbing?
• What form water supply and also drain (DWV) pipes were generally used because that 1970s residential plumbing?
• What kind water supply and drain (DWV) pipes were commonly used because that 1980s residential plumbing?
• What form water supply and drain (DWV) tube were frequently used for 1990s residential plumbing?
•What kind of water supply and drain (DWV) pipe were frequently used in the 2000s?
•What form of water supply and also drain (DWV) pipes are commonly used today?
Visit ours PLUMBING page for various other related blog short articles on this subject, or walk to theINDEXfor a finish listing of all our articles.