Conversions native HPs to Watts and vice versa are often required when dealing with batteries and also marine/automotive applications, yet may result in errors, due to the fact that there room several meanings of equine Power (HP) and the amount of power that that represents.
You are watching: How many watts are in 1 horsepower
Here is the perform of the most popular and also most commonly used horse Power (HP) definitions and their equivalent values provided in Watts.
Published: February 24, 2021.
Horse strength (HP) Names and also Definitions
Since horses were offered for eras for various tasks, v the invention of the vapor engine, electric motor, internal combustion engines, etc. That was compelled to discover the way how to compare functioning abilities of steeds with the working abilities of brand-new engines.
And equine Power (HP) to be born. And also as always in life, number of versions, frequently very comparable started to it is in used, bring about confusion and also sometimes errors.
Here are the name of the most typical HPs and their values (alphabetic order):
- wait Horsepower: hp = 745.69987 W,
- Boiler Horsepower: hp(S) = 9812.5 W,
- electric Horsepower: hp(E) = 746 W,
- Hydraulic Horsepower: hp = 745.69987 W
- mechanical Horsepower: hp(I) = 745.69987 W,
- Metric Horsepower: hp(M) = 735.49875 W.
As one deserve to see, many HPs are roughly 745.69987 W and thus, electrical horsepower is defined as being:
1 HP = 746 watts
Also, this method that 1 kW equates to to:
1 kW = 1.3404825 HP
or, 1 W equals to:
1 W = 0.0013404825 HP
For example, Mighty Max ML75-12 SLA AGM battery attributes 60 minutes consistent power discharge value of 586.2 watts, discharged under to 9.6 volts, which equates to to:
P = 586.2 watt = 586.2/746 = 0.78579 HP
Long Story Short: below is the perform of typical HP worths converted into watts:
- 1 HP to watt - 746 watts,
- 1.5 HP to watt - 1119 watts,
- 2 HP to watts - 1492 watts,
- 5 HP to watt - 3730 watts,
- 10 HP to watt - 7460 watts, or 7.46 kW,
- 100 HP to watt - 74600 watts, or 74.6 kW.
See more: Do Goosebumps Make Hair Grow Faster, Does Leg Hair Grow Faster When You Are Cold
Also, below is the perform of most typical wattage worths converted right into the HPs:
- 100 watt to HP - 0.134 HP,
- 500 watts to HP - 0.67 HP,
- 1000 watt to HP - 1.34 HP,
- 1200 watts to HP - 1.608 HP,
- 2000 watt to HP - 2.6809 HP, etc.
Conversion between HPs and Watts is simple, simply be certain to remember the formulas: